May I share with you without experiencing fear? Can I say what I’m feeling, and know that you will not be critical, or reject me, my feelings, my person? Wonder if I could reach out; touch your face, speak up and touch your heart without giving the impression that I’m being fresh or trying to lead you on. Well, I wonder if I could cry just because the flood is so deep, it needs to come up, and then out. Wonder if Id be wrong to just sit with you and quietly stare at the stars; no conversation, no intimidation, no guilt. Could it be that the only Person that this person (meaning me) could ever share such quiet, intimate, times with, is the Lord? Not a problem, just, Oh how I wonder.
To be perfectly truthful, I believe it would take great courage for me to venture out, reach out, and speak out, ever again. For you see, I was a China Dish. I was dropped and broken into a thousand and one pieces. (Pieces that would some day be used to serve others.) I still feel, I’m still attractive, though broken. I still live to give, to be a friend, to share, to articulate those meaningful things with that someone who would dare stop, pick me up, recognize my value.
What does it really mean to be a Friend?
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment